October 13, 2013

photoshop is not cheating.

 
Photo by Felicia Simion

"Every time someone asks "How did you do this?" and a random person comes in and replies "Oh, it's just Photoshop", I feel like it screws up the whole meaning of digital photography. Photoshop is this amazingly supercreative tool which allows us to go far beyond the limits which reality and explore the infinite space of our imagination. It is NOT a human being who goes to a place, observes the nature, spots a good moment and presses the button. No. We, as photographers, do that. And Photoshop is our little tap on the shoulder. Our personal superpower. The way we connect our vision to the world.
It is not "just" Photoshop. The photograph must breathe by itself first. And then you get to nurture it."
Felicia Simion
 I agree with what she had to say, this speaks for me as a fellow photographer.. What are your thoughts? 

1 comment:

  1. wohoo thats so good, I am an artist, i do abstract with oil. But wish i knew photoshop so I could utilize my imaginary skills instead of paintng it...lol I am a bit lazy. you got a new follower.
    have a look at my blog www.randomerscloud.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete